Sunday 19 May 2013

Izy's Meringue cake

Well, this is probably the last post until I finish my exams (which is on the 20th June). I will start hardcore studying on Monday, so I decided to celebrate my last day of "freedom" with a morning in the kitchen.
I wanted to choose something from the blog Top with cinnamon, because I have always wanted to share how much I adore that site and how big inspiration is it for me. Izy, who runs that blog is 17 years old, which makes me super jelaous, because when I was 17 I only photographed myself, my friends and the designs I did. I should have started food photography earlier, maybe I would be closer to Izy's brilliantness! (is that a word?).
So I adapted her Berry Meringue Cakes recipe, but I turned it from pink to yellow-orange since I did not have any berries at home, only the apricots I found in the deepest darkness of the cupboard.

Ezt a receptet eredetileg bogyós gyümölcsös verzióban találtam egy kedvenc blogomon, majd olyan verzióban is elkészítem nyáron. A cukormennyiség ellenére ez egy könnyű desszert, mivel semmilyen zsiradékot nem tartalmaz. A végén szeletelhetjük kör vagy háromszög alakúra is.


Ingredients:

Spongecake:
4 eggs, separated
200 g sugar
120 g flour
1 tsp baking powder

Meringue:
150 g sugar
3 egg whites
orange food colouring

4 tojás, szétválasztva
200 g cukor
120 g liszt
1 tk sütőpor

A habos borításhoz:

150 g cukor
3 tojásfehérje
ételfesték (opcionális)
joghurt vagy tejszínhab
adagonként 1 marék kockázott őszibarack



Method:

Add half of the sugar to the whites, other half to the yolks. Whisk the egg whites until stiff, and the yolks until pale. Add the flour and baking powder to the egg yolk mixture, and mix it properly. Add that mixture to the whisked egg whites and mix it together gently (I did on the lowest program of the handmixer to make sure it is well combined.)
Cover a cookie sheet with baking paper, cover the paper with butter. Pour the mixture into the sheet, and spread it. Bake for 15 minutes on 180 C.

Meanwhile it is in the oven, prepare the meringue: Whisk the sugar and egg whites together. It has to be really really stiff. When the cake layer is ready, spread the meringue on it. Dip the end of a stick into food colouring and use our imagination :) I was swirling around as a hurricane. 

Bake together on 100 C for one hour. Let it cool and cut into squares as I did or circles as Izy did. When you serve it, you can put creme fraiche and fruits on it. In Hungary you can't buy creme fraiche so I used yoghurt, but it must be gorgeous with craime fraiche.

A sütőt előmelegítjük 180 fokra.

A cukrot megfelezzük, és a fehérjékhez illetve a sárgájákhoz adjuk. A fehérje-cukor keveréket keményre verjük, a sárgája-cukor keveréket pedig addig, amíg sápadt nem lesz (a tojás kifehéredik).
A lisztet és a sütőport a cukros tojássárgájához adjuk. 
A lisztes-tojásos keveréket óvatosan összekeverjük a fehérjével. Én ezt a kézi robotgép legalacsonyabb fokozatán csináltam.
Egy nagy tepsit beborítunk vajazott sütőpapírral. Rásimítjuk a tésztát, és 15 percig sütjük.
Amíg sül, a habhoz való tojásfehérjét és cukrot nagyon keményre verjük. 
Kivesszük a piskótát, a sütőt 100 fokra állítjuk.
Beterítjük a piskótát a habbal.
Ha szeretnénk rá mintákat, mártsunk bele egy pálcikát az ételfestékbe, és körözzünk vele a habon. De hagyhatjuk fehéren is.
100 fokon süssük egy óráig.
Mikor kihűlt, felszeleteljük. Tálalhatjuk görög joghurttal, tejszínhabbal, illetve gyümölcsökkel.





1 comment:

  1. UUUUUh Chloé ez rohadás jól néz ki :DDD éhes lettem T.T

    ReplyDelete